Reading the written word shows a certain level of intelligence that not all possess. Here you can find some of my favs. Feel free to comment suggestions.
- AJ Aalto – Snarky phrase turner with a head for the macabre. Start with Touched and dive head first into the mindset of one crazy, but endearing, bad mouthed ‘day-sitter’.
- Catherine Coulter – Smart, sexy engaging story telling that spans centuries. One of my favorite all time historical romance writers that includes one of my first and all time fav books; Devils Embrace.
- Kathi Daley – Sweet, Alpine beauty who weaves a mean cozy read. Stubborn, emotional, reactive Zoe Donovan (Halloween Hijinks Book 1) will endear you with her love of all things mysterious and cozy, plus it never hurts to have a super rich, super smart and super sexy boyfriend/husband/co-detective and rescuer.
- Jude Deveraux – My first romance writer, my first and absolute favorite historical romance writer. I will forever be endeared by my first introduction to history come alive in ‘A Knight in Shining Armor’.
- Nora Roberts – Probably one of the most single prolific writers of our time in Romance, Modern Day Romance, Paranormal Romance, Historical Romance and Mystery Romance. But let’s not kid ourselves, we also know her under several other pseudonyms.
- JK Rowling – ’nuff said. (Harry Potter)
- L.L. Muir – Highlander romance done like no other. Emmerse yourself in the rich hues of Scotland via the adventures of time traveling witches or love sick characters willing to sacrifice everything for their one true love. Start with the series, ‘The Ghosts of Culloden Moor‘ then be sure to find time for my favorite series thus far, ‘The Curse of Clan Ross‘. Fall in love with Quinn, James, Flanders and Wickham.
- Katherine Lowry Logan – There are currently 8 time travel books in her ‘Brooch’ series and I’m still not sure I have an absolute favorite couple or story. I do know they are all so wonderfully intertwined and worth the investment right from the start of book 1, The Ruby Brooch.
- Annabelle Chase & Lily Harper Hart – Cozy paranormal mysteries that are well written, thought out and fun to read!
I will try to update this as I go along. It is so hard finding time to not only indulge my inner bibliophage, but to churn out my own stories. Sometimes the characters seep out, light and airy and at other times characters claw, scratch, rip and shred their way to the written page. At any rate, I hope you enjoy some of my fav authors as much as I do.